Cell Phone Repairs Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for mobile phone repairs at Ideal Store Newtongrange.
Quotations made by Ideal Store technicians is only an assessment based on the fault description you have provided. There are cases that the price of the repair of the unit becomes higher than the estimated price. These usually occur when the fault description provided to Ideal Store was inaccurate, or in the event that Ideal Store found other faults in your unit. When these instances occur, you will be contacted personally to further discuss the details and the price of repair for any faults Ideal Store find.
Minimum Charge for Repairs
All mobile repairs are subject to a “minimum charge”. The minimum amount charges cover our repair specialist’ time and any parts used to attempt to repair on the unit. After thorough inspection of the unit, the minimum charge will become due:
- When it would be cheaper for you to purchase a new mobile than fixing your old one or mobile unit is “Beyond Economical Repair”.
- When Ideal Store provide a new repair quotation and you refuse this quotation. Note that return postage cost will be charged in addition to the minimum charge. Ideal Store may waive the minimum charge and return postage at our discretion, provided you give Ideal Store permission to use the damaged unit for spare parts.
Turn Around time
Mobile Repairs usually take 3-5 days from the date they arrive Ideal Store, Newtongrange, this apart from the time taken to deliver the unit which is beyond of our control. During peak seasons, repairs can take much longer to be fixed and processed.
Most of our repair service carries a 30 day limited warranty except for the following repairs:
- Liquid damage repair
- Console main board repairs
In the event that repairs on your unit becomes faulty within the set warranty period, please send the unit back to Ideal Store with a copy of the receipt or Ref. No. and a detailed cover letter stating the current fault or error you are experiencing. Ideal Store, Newtongrange are not liable for the costs you incur in getting the unit to Ideal Store. Ideal Store, Newtongrange will conduct a thorough investigation and respond within 3 working days.
If the problem is from the initial repair, Ideal Store will conduct any further repair free of charge and return it you FREE. If the unit reveals further glitches not related to the original repair or due to parts not replaced in previous repair Ideal Store will contact you and discuss the matters and let you make a decision with regards to the cost.
Ideal Store will attempt to repair your unit TWICE after the initial repair. If afterwards, the unit is still faulty, Ideal Store will issue a refund. Minimum charge and postage fee not included. Ideal Store, Newtongrange will need to check the unit and make sure its faulty prior to issuing a refund.
Further clarifications: postage fee of all units sent to Ideal Store under the repair warranty will be covered by you, nonetheless the unit will be returned to you free of charge if a problem is found. If the unit has a problem not related to the original fault or no fault is found, postage charges for returning the unit will apply.
Mobile phone Unlocking
- Please do not leave your memory card or sim card with your phone, Ideal Store, Newtongrange are not responsible in case of lose.
- Ideal Store, Newtongrange only unlock cell phone, Ideal Store do not unblock, if your cell phone is blocked by network Ideal Store are not responsible for this and you still need to pay Ideal Store, Newtongrange for unlocking.
- You can test your cell phone in store otherwise; once you have left Ideal Store, Newtongrange any responsibility for your phone and any future problem are not the responsibility of Ideal Store.
All units after they are either fixed declared beyond economical repair or require a re-quote will be held for 3 months maximum. Ideal Store will make reasonable attempts to contact you by phone and email a minimum of 3 times. If no payment was received within 3 months, the unit will be sold to recover the costs of repairs made.
Liquid Damage Repairs
If your phone is water damaged please tell Ideal Store technician, before Ideal Store start job as such it may not be fixable and you will still have to pay labour cost. Liquid or water damage repairs are carried out on a “best endeavours” only basis. The possibility of the original fault reappearing is high after the unit has been repaired and sometimes the faults can even get worse over a period of time. Ideal Store offer only a limited warranty for water or liquid damage repair services. The warranty will depend on the severity of the damage.
Accessories, Games, Power Supplies
Please do not leave any accessories in with your repairs unless Ideal Store have specifically requested them. Ideal Store may request the charger or power supply for a power related repair.
Ideal Store cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to accessories whilst in our possession (SIM cards, memory cards, chargers, boxes, cases, cables, mount etc.). On occasions Ideal Store may ask for certain accessories for further testing as they may be related to the fault.
User’s Data and Information Losses
Ideal Store, Newtongrange will do their best to retain all data your unit has, but Ideal Store cannot be held responsible for any lost data, including;
- Please remove your memory card or sim card with your phone, Ideal Store are not responsible in case of lose
- Ringtones and audio files
- Photos & videos
- Contacts and Addresses
- Saved game data (for Consoles)
- Favourite locations (for Sat Navs)
- Music (e.g. MP3)
Please make certain that you have all important mobile data has a backup before leaving your mobile phone with Ideal Store.
Ideal Store will notify you by email about Payments once a repair has either been completed successfully, if the unit has been deemed beyond economical repair or you refuse a re-quote. Cheque payments are subject to approximately 5 working days clearance delay.
Mistakes in bills, receipts or payments
Whilst Ideal Store try our outmost to ensure accuracy in all that Ideal Store do, mistakes occasionally do happen. Ideal Store will correct any mistakes made in bills, receipts or payments as soon as possible, and no later than 30 days of agreeing to do so.
Ideal Store always try to keep our customers satisfied, and our complaint resolution system helps Ideal Store, Newtongrange to ensure that our customers are always satisfied, even when things go wrong.
For any complaints or suggestions, please contact Ideal Store either by email or by letter. Upon receiving your complaint, Ideal Store will investigate every detail to see what went wrong and resolve it to your satisfaction.
Ideal Store agree to:
- Acknowledge any complaints Ideal Store receive within 5 working days
- Advise you on how long it will take to resolve the complaint
- Keep you informed all throughout the process
- You can test your cell phone in store otherwise; once you have left Ideal Store any responsibility for your phone and any future problem are not the responsibility of Ideal Store.